Wednesday, July 28, 2010

First time Cooking With a Slow Cooker!

I am so excited (And as my coworkers loving call me--domesticated!) today I finally get to cook with my slow cooker! In fact it's been going for about 2 hours now, just two more to go!

Wanna know what I am cooking? Well, I figured since this is the first time I am cooking with a slow-cooker, I thought it would be fitting to cook a piece of meat I have never had the pleasure of cooking yet--Pot Roast. To be more specific, it's Cola Pot Roast . I found the recipe over at Raising A Quiverfull .

I don't really measure dry seasonings, I am just used to how mush is what by eye, so if you feel more comfortable with the measurements, I will include the link to the recipe. I also used only about 3/4 of the onion (I had a REALLY big onion).

Here's a copy of the recipe, or if you would like to see the website it's from click here.

Cola Pot Roast

What You'll Need:

Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
1 Onion, Cut up
4 Large Carrots, Cut up
A 3.5-4.5 Roast
1 Bottle of Chili Sauce (12 oz)
2 TBSP of Worecestorshire Sauce
2 TBSP of Hot Sauce
1 Can of Cola

1. Turn on your slow cooker (it says for like 8 hrs cook on low, I did it for 4 hrs on high).

2.Evenly season the meat with the dry ingredients and place it in the middle of the slow cooker. Next, place the cut up onion and carrots around the meat.

3. In a bowl mix all the remaining ingredients well and pour over meat and veggies. Then enjoy!

Its still cooking so, when it's done, I will take pics and tell ya how it tasted!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! You'll have to tell me if you liked it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOVE cooking with my slow cooker! It's tons of fun and so easy! Don't you love it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is super fun and REALLY simple, which I love!

    ReplyDelete