Friday, August 6, 2010

Emotional Roller Coaster

Sorry for the scarcity of posts lately, I've been so busy and emotionally drained. I am nervous/happy/angry/sad and a whole bunch of other emotions I am sure they don't even have a name for yet!

I am happy/nervous/excited about our upcoming wedding (1 week and 2 days)!!! I absolutely cannot wait until I am walking down the aisle (read: until it's all over and we're husband and wife!). I still feel so overwhelmed because I feel like there is so much for me to do! I will just have to wait and have faith that it will all get done and go as planned.

Hubby-to-be and I are trying to stretch our legs, but there's no room for us here anymore. We have pleaded for the separate apartment downstairs and have been told no. So we would like to get our own place, but everything seems way out of our price range and apartments have so many requirements. We don't know what to do. This is where the sadness comes from. I want to get out of here and be on our own. I am tired of all the yelling and bossing around, all the melding. I mean in a week we will be husband and wife but his parents still seem to think that it doesn't matter (it's just a piece of paper, we're his parents if we tell him to do something he better do it!). It just drives me nuts! For example: if I ask him to go with me to the store or something, and his dad and mom want him to stay home and play pool or go out with them, they will throw a fit when he goes with me. How ridiculous is that? Then they say all this stuff about how we shouldn't move out and we should just live with them for awhile. Then When we tell them we need more room (i.e. the downstairs full apartment that is only inhabited by his sister and her baby, that's it. She doesn't even use the kitchen downstairs!) his dad said "If the are old/stupid enough to get married, they can move out!". Wonderful, right?

I don't know what to do. Any advice?

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl! You can do it. My advice is don't take on too much at once. I know the living situation is difficult, BUT I'd put it on the back burner until after the wedding and you two have had time to settle into being married. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By now you're a married woman! Wanted to stop by and say congratulations on your very special day!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete